Function area: EOD Technician
Have you always had a passion for water and the ocean? Does working with Unexploded Ordnance seem challenging to you? Due to the growth of our company BODAC, we are looking for an EOD Technician. Interested? Apply now for this position!
You are responsible for the execution of Offshore projects in the field of explosives detection and cleasance within Europe.
You are the point of contact for the customer and you know that tailormade service is crucial for a project to succeed. You supervise the work and make sure it is carried out according to schedule, budget and to the satisfaction of the client. To ensure this, you draw up a risk analysis for each project and intervene before problems arise.
From engineering, drawing up project plans and working methods to the actual execution of securing, removing or dismantling conventional explosives – you are responsible for the entire process. You understand the contracts for project procurement and you provide all the technical documentation to execute the projects. Together with the team you translate the wishes of the customer into a (turn-key) solution. With your technical knowledge you offer inspiring insights and advice to your colleagues. During the execution of the Maritime EOD projects you ensure a safe procedure and you are jointly responsible for securing, removing or detonating conventional explosives.
- You have professional and intellectual capacities at the academic or higher professional education level with at least three years of relevant work experience;
- You have leadership skills and demonstrable experience;
- You have a commercial nature and think in terms of opportunities;
- You have thorough command of the English and German language, both written and oral;
- You are decisive, verbally strong, analytically sharp and result-oriented;
- You are persuasive and are focused on cooperation with clients and colleagues;
- You have no problem with being away from home for 4 consecutive weeks;
- You can be deployed on all offshore projects within Europe;
- You have or are willing to obtain an IMAS level 3, OCE expert and Section 20 certificate;
- Preferably resident in Benelux, England, France or Germany;
- You are in possession of a construction safety certificate and a valid Bosiet;
- Having a commercial diving certificate, Coxswain licenses or an Explosive Ordnance Clearance certificate is an advantage but not a requirement;
- You are in possession of a driving licence.
What we offer
We offer a challenging job, with plenty of opportunities to do business within a rapidly growing company, to realize your ambitions and share your views. You get a contract for 40 hours a week. Becoming an EOD Superintendent is one of the possibilities. We offer you a pleasant working atmosphere and challenging projects. Of course we also offer good employment conditions, good expense allowances during stays on projects, a company car, laptop, telephone, group insurance and fun company teambuilding days. In short, a family business where smart working is rewarded, but where time is certainly made available to enjoy life together.
Who are we?
BODAC, part of Den Ouden Groep from Schijndel, carries out activities from historical research to the detection and disposal of Unexploded Ordnances (UXO), remediation and archaeology. We are an innovative partner and have contributed to safety on land and in the water for decades. Our Staff members are committed professionals with a passion for technology and safety.
The Den Ouden Group is an international and service-oriented family business with approximately 200 employees, where sustainability, bio-based economy and cradle to cradle are of paramount importance. Every day, Den Ouden Groep works on innovative solutions, corporate social responsibility and CO2 Reduction. For example, Den Ouden Groep is certified on level 5 of the CO2 performance ladder and PSO step 3. Den Ouden Groep takes care of soil improvers, biofuels, soil fertilization, soil safety, inner-city redevelopment and concrete pavement construction worldwide. Our products and services help our world to remain healthy, fertile and liveable.
Are you looking for a new challenge and does this vacancy appeal to you? Send your letter of motivation with CV to Nicole Kerkhof (HR manager) email@example.com